Josh asked me to share a few other things that he missed telling me before:
- In West Virginia and Kentucky, they found themselves driving on something called the Purple Heart Trail. They didn't know what it was all about, but I think that website explains it.
- The highest price they've paid for gasoline so far (regular, 87 octane) has been $4.199 per gallon in New Baden, Illinois.
- The hotel they stayed in last night was across the street from the stadium where the Kansas City Royals play.
- Their GPS is apparently named Samantha, not Sue.
- Last night, he did three loads of laundry and slept in a chair from about 1 am to 4 am.
Also, he asked for a shout out to Chelsea at the Kansas City Starbucks off I-70 at exit 11, who was kind enough to sell them a New York Times as well as coffee through the drive-in window. Chelsea, my brother thanks you again, and this time on the Internet, where it's forever.
|I'll Have a Coffee and a Sweet Roll...ah, I mean a New York Times
(Basic message repeats: Rachel is looking for a group with which to go see the new X-Files movie at the 10 pm showing on the night of Friday July 25 at the Eugene Valley River Center movie theater. She already has her ticket. Get in touch if you'd like to go see the movie with her.)
[Josh & Rachel's Trip Picture Gallery]